BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Dietetic Internship Plan

After obtaining my dual Bachelor degrees in Nutrition and Exercise Science this coming Spring, I do plan on attending graduate school for a Masters degree with a dietetic internship.  I do believe that the best programs are those that provide coursework and rotations that allow students to develop skills and expertise in the areas of medical nutrition therapy, sports nutrition, food service management, and community nutrition.  These types of programs develop the most competent, registered dietitians who are able to provide the most outstanding service to their employers, profession and community.  Most programs of this sort offer coursework for 2-3 semesters and have internship rotations for 1-2 semesters which an appropriate amount of time one needs to develop certain skills and knowledge to feel comfortable in applying or educating someone else in the field.  This is the type of program I hope to be accepted into and complete successfully, for I do want to continue my education beyond this point and strive for my PhD.